Thursday 25 August 2011

Faith Is The Bird That Feels The Light


Evening everyone a bit of a different type of card for me to share tonight I finally got this stunning Bird cage die and it arrived a few days ago and of course I was so excited when it arrived especially as it was a prize i chose from my Sir Stampalot voucher from Brenda at Floral Fantasies thanks huni.
Well I am sorry to say I am unsure of the papers as these also were a prize from the lovely Elaine thanks huni I love them so much.
I have distressed the bird with Antique Linen ink and added a small gem for his eye,gems were also used to decorate the birdcage.The sentiment is from a Sheena Douglas set that I also won lol.which has been stamped in vintage photo and distressed with Antique Linen.
omg the flowers and ribbon were also prizes wow this was the cheapest card I ever made the only thing i paid for was the card base wow.The leaves (I paid for the punch) have also been distressed with Antique Linen.
I would love to know what you all think.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Bearly mine-bring on the bling
Crafters Companion-Glitter/Glitz
Papertake weekly-Dies to die for
Sir Stampalot-Whateva you fancy

Thankyou all for visiting me today and I wish you all a great evening
hugs
Lorraine xx

12 comments:

Alice said...

this is so pretty! lovely card!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Just gorgeous! Love it!

coops said...

stunning card lorraine.really beautiful design and i love the sentiment ;D

xx coops xx

brenda said...

At last Lorraine, as you say, but just look at the super creation you have made with it.

I am patiently waiting for a Marianne die that is having the same delays reaching the UK.

Thank you so much for joining in at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fabulous Lorraine. You chose a great item with your prize.
Thank you for joining in with the Sir Stampalot challenge this month.
Clare x

pinky said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Paula (PEP) said...

I like this - well done with all your winnings too - you've not lost your touch. Love the way you have entwined those "hangers" for it. I have to say I like your cards that are somewhat out of your usual style - more classic than cute shall we say.........you carry on & I love seeing what you will come up with next. Have a good weekend - time is flying: 2 bookshop days this week plus helping R with the decorating. The vacuum cleaner overheated & stopped, R's iron rattled & the kettle was looking decidedly past its best & the microwave beginning to rust after 10 years or so........... ahem...... a morning trip shopping & the afternoon spent getting to grips with technology........
Paula (PEP)

Laney said...

Super sweet card hun!!
thanks for joining us at bearlymine this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Andrea said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Girl this month, we hope to see you again soon

Sally H said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir S this month and good luck!

coldwaters2 said...

This is totally fabulous Lorraine I love that bird cage die cut and the distressed tag it really looks ACE.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)