Monday 21 November 2011

A Journey Tag-Not Sure If I Like It


Hello everyone Firstly I want to apologise for not getting round all of your blogs and commenting I will be doing my very best to catch up through the week.
I would also like to say a massive welcome and hello to all my new followers I am so pleased you want to join me in my madness.
Now lets talk about this tag I made I am still unsure about it so I thought I would let you decide.
The stamps I have used were a free set from Debbi Moores new stamping inspirations to you magazine you get a 20 page free card kit inside the mag as well as a stamp sheet on the front all for £4.99 and there is also a cd one too where you get 20 page kit plus a free full cd rom too for the same price I think they really are a bargain and so far I have collected them all lol.
So back to the tag I used the stamps and stamped in vintage photo distress ink and distressed the tag and suitcases in the same colour I have edged the tag with a darker distress ink to help it stand out a bit.I aso added some ribbon behind the elements to break sown the brown a little.For the Sentiment I have triple embossed using gold and stamped into it for more added texture then finished off with some dark brown ribbon at the top.
So please give me your honest opinions and where you think I could of made it better.

I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges:

Bearly mine-one for the boys
Stamptacular-Boy oh Boy
The stamp man-Tims tag techniques
Sentimental sundays-Masculine gift tags

Thankyou so much for popping by to see me and any comments would be greatly appriciated
much Love
Lorraine xx

16 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I like it when you do something different & experiment with techniques. I know you want honesty & I really like this apart from just one thing - I think that white is too stark & it just doesn't do anything for me in terms of adding anything to the design. It draws my eye away from the whole cohesiveness of the tag which I thing is brilliant with those images & I absolutely love that brown ribbon & the way your elements come off the tag contours.
I'm not really anyone to judge design principles at all so I'd be interested in what other people say. Take care of yourself & much love from me......
Paula (PEP)

Donna Mosley said...

I love it Lorraine, the stamps and inking technique you've used look amazing.

Donna x

Brenda Brown said...

I love the whole vintage effect you have created Lorraine. The stamps and colours are perfect what you were looking to achieve.
Thanks for joining the team at the Stamp Man with your lovely, original tag.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous hun I love the look of it its got a vintage look to it which I love.
I'm terrible for not using my free stamps I only have 1 mag a month & its only cus I've got a subscription lol....tbh hun half the time I dont read it which I'm really ashamed to say all of the free goodies that come with it every month go in a box.........I have no idea what to do with them lol.
Anyway sorry for my babble lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Lorraine, lovely tag, the brown and gold colours are fab. Take Care Debs xx

Unknown said...

I love this tag, very vintage, the colors are perfect and the inking around the edges really pulls it altogether. Very nice.

Have a great day!

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.i love all the distressing and fabulous stamps :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Love this tag, the colours are fantastic and love the vintage look. Thanks so much for playing along at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Nina said...

Woooaaaw, what a fab tag!! Love the colours and all the stamping.

Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Lorraine said...

thankyou everyone and especially paula i totally agree its too bright i can see it now i think it needs removing and then i might like it xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Lorraine, love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

Céline said...

gorgeous tag!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

coldwaters2 said...

I love it Lorraine the vintage style, the images and design look super, I still have to get around to doing one like this so thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

This is superb!!! Love the colors and the technique used to achieve this look!! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sunday's.

Hugs,
Calypo

Alison said...

It's fabulous Lorraine! x

Tameko said...

Fabulous vintage tag! I think you did a wonderful job. Its nice to step out of our comfort zone, and try something new. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays tag challenge.