Wednesday 15 August 2012

Christmas Cheer


Hello everyone I hope your having a great day,its cooled down a bit in the south today thankfully but its still a beautiful day which is nice.
I had a good time making this card I love this stamp so much I have had it for a while but never got round to using it a crime I know.Right then how did I make it well I stamped my image onto white card then heat embossed it using clear powder I did this twice so that I could decoupage the baubles then simply matt and layered using white card and super glittery black glitter paper.I then used a Marianne poinsettia die,mini gems and a Martha Stewart leaf punch for my flower and added a 3 black pearls in the top corner.I hope you like it I think I do.
I would like to enter this one into the following challenges:

Lexis creations-Sparkle and shine
Speedy fox challenge-Dots
Polka doodles-Celebrations
Simon says stamp n show-Favourite technique(stamping/heat embossing)
Simon Says Stamp-Bingo(die cut/glitter)
Stampin for the weekend-Monochromatic

Thankyou for visiting me and my blog
hugs
Lorraine xx

21 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Claire said...

This is just stunning Lorraine - love the image (which is one of my faves) and the monochromatic look is just fabulous. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

This is stunning. A gorgeous image and it really suits the black & white look. The poinsettia looks fab too.
Lorraine x

Tracey T said...

Wow! This is stunning! I always like black and white for Christmas cards and I love the dimension from the decoupaged baubles. Hugs, Tracey x

Paula (PEP) said...

Beautifully classy & I love the dimension you achieved with the layering of the ornaments. The multiple matting works beatufiully especially with the glittery cardstock & I particularly like the way your leaves hang over the card's outer edge.
Paula (PEP)

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! What a stunning card! So elegant and beautiful!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine :-) such a fabulous stamp and the black/white combo is stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Stunning card Lorraine. I love the image and the colours and layout are so elegant
Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
Sue

coops said...

wow so stunning lorraine.gorgeous stylish design :D

xx coops xx

Winnie and Patty said...

What a beautiful black & white Christmas card! Just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Cheryl said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous and so striking! I love your non-traditional color palette.

Jo said...

Stunning card, such a striking colour combo!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Hugs Jo x

cheryl said...

hun this is simply stunning the detail is fantastic and so classy have you been on the main DT blog Hun,think you need,to hugs Cherylxxxxx

Theresa's Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa's Studio said...

What a classic card for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Donna B. said...

Beautiful monochromatic Christmas card!!

stampingbowd said...

What a stunning card!!! The black and white is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Candy C said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous! I have not thought of black and white as Christmas-y...but you have pulled it off beautifully. This card is so elegant and classy. Love the ornaments on the flourish and the black and white poinsettia. The way you have used the black and white, matted the cardstock is really lovely. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Maura said...

Beautiful! Love your classic black and white look.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So lovely and elegant looking! That image is really striking in black/white! By the way...did you make that pie yet? :)

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Lorraine this is real class, what a stunning and beautifully designed card, that image, the colours and that flower look awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x